Sunday, May 21, 2006

What is art?

Good question. You know what I love about our generation? We all have superb typing skills because of those stupid instant messanger things we used in HS and the first couple (maybe) years of college. Yay for us. Anyway that has nothing to do with art.
I am sitting here in Dunn Bros with Amy and she told me she wanted me to write about what art is. Funny thing about art is that it really doesn't matter what I think it is. It matters what you think it is. I look at some paint splattered on a wall unintentionally---is that art? Maybe, it depends on how I feel when I see it. It is probably an annoying spill to whoever made it, but maybe it is beautiful to me.
Amy asked me to take the spiral out of her notebook and make art out of it. I said, "Hell no I don't take junk and make art with it." That's when she told me I should blog about what art is. Just because I don't like to make art with junk doesn't mean it can't be done and also it doesn't mean that it's not art. I am not the art god. Though I am a creator. :) Though I create far less than others. Far more than many more. I guess I am a quality creator, or I strive to be. If I create I want it to be good--in my eyes. I don't mean to sound arrogant but I don't really care what you think about my creations. "You create something, like inward singing. . . " Jack Black. Ha ha ha. That's quality.
Amy, you're just not going to get an answer I'm afraid. At least not with this blog. And judging from my recent history, I won't be blogging again for quite some time. Although I have no school and no job, so maybe next time I'm checking the Twins I'll blog. Oh, I have to do that. Sorry. As far as art goes. If you think it's art than it is. I won't argue.!! (I'll just tell you if I like it or not, and thanks to Natalia, I'll be able to at least sound like I know why).

No comments: