Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Lament of the Needless

Where is this solitude I seek
When worlds spin out of reach
And darkness fills an empty space
Full of whispers of an unknown speech

Where is this silence that I seek
When quiet drowns an early scream
And lifelessness is hopeless here
In the corner of a subtle dream

When do the answers march in time
To the questions in a beating drum
When the children all run and hide
Through the fog you'll see them come

Where is the home I wish to find
When nowhere is everywhere I'll be
And love is first but never blind
So it can't be there to me

Where do I look when it's all right here
But my eyes won't look inside
Of the hope I trust with everything
As everything always dies

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Laura, I thought you were already gone because I never see your car parked out back anymore. Are you still living in the house under the beautiful pine tree?

If you are I'll come over and see if you have time to go for a walk...but I can't right now because I'm waiting for the phone to ring--the perfect house in Mpls. might be calling (well, they're supposed to anyway!).

In the meantime, I'm wishing you luck too. And, btw, this poem is really good--I can relate to it on many levels.

Your last post is interesting too. Maybe talking art would help with our moving frustrations. :)-

Laura said...

Yeah, too bad I leave tomorrow. I'll try to stop by before we go.. if only for a minute. But then, I've said that to a bunch of people :)