Saturday, November 06, 2004

Detached

If I were detached. I think that's the only way I could be OK with things how they are now. If i were to detach myself from all things that I know are being wronged. If I knew no soldier, why should this war be wrong? Maybe it isn't anyway. For some reason I don't believe that. If it weren't my mom or dad, brother, sister, or friend over there, why would I see any reason why it shouldn't be? Why should I attribute a sense of realness, of wow, "just the same as you and me," to an "Indian," a "black," a "Latino," a homosexual, a young woman who has an intelligent mind of her own? if I knew none--if I knew none but from the view of "that person, wait, is it really a person?" If I were detached--if I took no time to look beyond what so many are trying to say to me, would any of this matter? Seems as though no. Animals? They don't matter. They are just here so that we can rule over them... If I were to think like that, is that when I wouldn't be bothered by all the things that are being done wrong to them. To people like you and me. To God's (and I don't care what you call God) creations. There it is again. I think I'm Christian?? If I think that all who don't believe in God in the Christian sense are flat out wrong, that what they think doesn't matter, would it all go away? Part of me thinks maybe, but the other part says that that can't happen. I already know a gays, I already know Chicanos, intelligent women, beautiful people of all races and cultures and beliefs. I've seen so many beautiful animals,, I have seen the strength of a dying doe, a doe giving her life so that she may be food to me. To ME. Do I need it, no. damnit. I can go buy something else. But I took her, and I respect her. RESPECT. That is something this world is lacking. Or at least the leaders of this country. Why on earth would I want everyone to be like me. I know me, I can't even handle one of me. Even if I could detach myself and not care, even if it would be the easiest thing in the world for me to do, I wouldn't. I wouldn't want to. Because deep down, I'd know what I'm missing out on. I think this country needs a little more acceptence and tolerance for differences. Our leaders need to see that if everyone were like them, we'd be living in a most awful world.

Sorry, I just watched "We Were Soldiers" with Bill, because he wanted to keep watching it, and it did nothing but piss me off. Absolutely.

No comments: