Wednesday, November 03, 2004

tear :.(

My mom--I love my mom, she's awesome. She's intelligent, liberal, and practical.. which sometimes (ok, a lot of times) I need. So I'm obviously disappointed today, so I called her. Here's what she had to say. First of all, she is too. It's just a pattern, it will swing back, it always does (here's hoping, i need this day to come). If this many people think that the way it is going is right, let's give it a try, maybe we're missing something (highly doubtful but anything to feel better, right?). The reason people take things like this so hard (I was crying today, yes, yes, actually close to bawling) is because they put so much emotion into things like this. I can't imagine how those who worked so hard on the campaigning feel.. I'm SO sorry. But then, the other side would've felt the same I guess. Here's what my mom is worried about. First, she's nervous about what the Supreme Court is going to look like. Yikes, 3 people to retire?? God help us, PLEASE. Second, it looks to her (and I agree) as though this country is going backwards from diversity. Hello Hitler. Holy scary! That my friend sucks. So anyway this morning I told Bill about the whales and penguins close to where I'll be going in Argentina who are going blind because of the freaking hole in the o-zone. I wasn't trying to make him feel bad or anything, just trying to make him understand why I'm so passionate about the environment and why I was crying crying crying this morning. Then all of a sudden he felt like crap because he hadn't the slightest clue that this kind of stuff was happening. Well, lots of people don't even BELIEVE it is happening. You know what.... nobody knows everything and has all the information. We will just have to keep on living and try to be patient and wait. I'm not so sure I can wait 4 years though, much less,,, more than 4!

No comments: