Wednesday, July 13, 2005

kids

I went to KC for a couple Twins games. But we also went to the Truman Presidential Library. OK you all know that I have my political opinions and things but historical knowledge I am lacking. Wasn't sure how interested I'd be in this whole Library deal.. I mean, in the first place, it's called a LIBRARY. ?? I don't go to libraries (at least not till I get to grad school... that'll be a different situation for me... interesting).
But anyway first there was a 45 minute film and it was good, interesting, and it kept my interest. Good job. That's all I really needed, but I walked around the museum and other things caught my attention too. I mean, of course the biggest thing he's known for are the bombs, but he did so much more, good things. Like, he was advised against recognizing Isreal just because it would jeopardize our oil supply. Hmmmm,,, but he recognized it anyway because it was the right thing to do..... Wonder what our esteemed leader today would have done? I know I know it's speculation and my opinion all wrapped up in one, but seriously, what do you think?
Anyway that wasn't even the point of this blog. I meant to just tell this one story... As I was walking through this museum, set up chronologically, I came upon the entrance to "Europe during the war years" Not a pretty scene. This young boy, probably about 10, ran up there real fast and just stopped short, turned around, and said "I think I'm not going in there."
Why can't adults be more like children sometimes. Their intincts are maybe smarter than our minds.

No comments: