Thursday, July 14, 2005

more good

OK, I have another thing to let you all know about that was really cool. I thought.
So I was riding my bike home from the bank yesterday and ... wait I gotta see when the Twins play and if they're on TV ... OK thanks.
Anyway, the light on 10th and Bemidji Ave. is really quick, and it was green but I knew it'd turn soon. It did, yellowy-orange, oh no! So I hurried and did something I NEVER do... rode over the curb! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!! I hate going over the curb. Of course, as happens whenever I go over any significant bump (which I didn't think of obviously) my stupid bike pump fell off. Well, as I said the light was yellow... I couldn't just run back into Paul Bunyan Drive in the middle of the afternoon to get it.
Anyway, this man in a red minivan didn't go. He just waited. He pissed off everyone behind him by not going when the light was green. And I just watched from the other side of the road. One amazing thing to me, is that only one person honked, and I mean there were a lot of cars... they all just passed him and drove really close to my poor stupid bike pump and he protected it until the light turned red for him and green for me. What a nice thing. He saved that wreched little pump that always falls off in inoportune times. I like that about this region. Minnesota, they're nice :)

No comments: