Monday, August 01, 2005

Boston

We paid a scalper $250 so that we could get tickets to stand in Fenway.
It was worth it, even if the Twins sucked. again.
However, I am glad that we won't HAVE to try to get in again,,,
Went to the Museum of Fine Arts and Bill (he's amazing) wanted to see everything. We were there for over 4 hours and didn't
The JFK library was of course interesting and I had a lot to learn (I knew nothing but the fact that he was shot) I even decided that I would like to see all the Presidential Libraries {here's a shocker, even GWBush's if he gets one} just because there is so much to learn at them.
We had a dinner cruise along the harber with others at the trade show. It was good, I ate lots of veggies, and carrot cake! We also sat with Bill's bosses and their wives and another of their coworkers and drank. We hung out with them after the cruise as well and drank. Never knew people could get so schloshed with their bosses and get away with it.
The two days it was incredibly hot I didn't go outside (except that evening of the cruise)
I took a GRE practice test and did a lot better than the first one. I guess I just need to have pressure (I timed this one)
We got to watch the Twins/Yankees game that Julie A. went to because it was on ESPN
We climbed to the top of the Bunker Hill Monument and felt it in our legs for the next 3 days.
I had dinner with my mother in law and two guys next to us just started talking. We had a fun conversation (I thought). it was nice, they were Bostonians.
This trip of course reiterates the fact that from what I have observed, Spanish people are just generally NOT personable, and it's not just big cities, because Bostonians are quite friendly
Oh we also sat next to a young man from Columbia and he says the exact same thing about Spaniards (yes, he's been there also)
Boston, you should go.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Totally! I loved Boston when I went last summer. I can't believe you paid $250! Our tickets were only $9.50 although we didn't actually pay for them. Was it sold out?

- Albrecht

Julie said...

you seem happy - yay :)

Laura said...

Haha, Oh yeah, the scalper said that he's never seen a game so tight for tickets,, not any of the Yankees games he's ever done or anything. You have to remember that they won the world series last year and their park only holds about 30,000 people! It was WAY sold out!